Friday, November 18, 2011

Club Rack Overview

I built the golf club rack based on display racks in stores that show new club sets.  The only difference is I added a top shelf that will accommodate a 13 inch TV, a notebook computer with a 17” screen, and a mouse pad.  Materials consist of a a couple of 2x4’s and a half sheet of ¾ inch plywood and #2 pine.  The bottom shelf supports the clubs, extension cord and the simulator when not in use. 
4 coaster ball type rollers are attached  to the base for easy mobility and storage. 
 A multiple 6 outlet strip is attached to the the left side to connect all various devices.  I added a radiant heater to the right side with a metal  bracket and a plywood shelf.   I can practice or play with a a sweatshirt and jacket without gloves when outside temperature get into the mid 30’s. There is a top mounted extension shelf mounted to the left side to accomadate a computer projector behind the TV.  The adjustable fluorescent lights were made from a inexpensive pedestal lamp.  I removed the base drilled a couple of holes and insured that I had proper lighting. Another inexpensive addition was the temperature gauge attached to the right side.  I don’t play on days below 30*.

No comments:

Post a Comment